Friday, February 1, 2008

The Unlucky One- A whiny moment

This would be me. It's really quite amazing how unlucky a person can be, and how much I want to laugh because it's funny, but how I also want to cry because it's the sad truth. The latest story took place last night. I went to a Lia Sophia Jewelry party with my friend Kristel. She's nice enough to drag me out of the house and get me some social interaction every now and then. Unfortunately for her, as her neighbor I'm greatly retarded in many aspects of being crafty, girly and having taste (she is slowly learning that I wasn't lying, it is the truth). Well this party was for the Hosts, so it was a party where they love to give away merchandise, and basically it's made so that everyone will leave with something. First off, the first 20 people there get a sticker (which I learn later means..."free stuff"), but I'm confused because I don't get a sticker due to the fact that I'm person #21. A bit later I go to the bathroom, when I return every one's holding beautiful stuff, wow...what happened? Oh, 1-20 got their prizes. Next there's a raffle, where they give out many fun prizes. I'm sitting on a row where one lady (RaDawn, I love you) gets hmmm, 4-5 things from the raffle. I just hang my head, because really it's quite embarrassing. In the end, there is a little bit of pity from a girl who doesn't want her prize. I get to choose a $100 item and only pay $15. Thanks!! Needless to say, I'm over it. It was a fun night out regardless, I'm just cursed to be the unlucky one. Thanks Kristel!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Kristen, I know this is not what you want to hear but: only you... :)

You have a cute blog and I'm happy to see it!