Monday, February 25, 2008

Chicago

Wow, told you I'd be bad at this. Well, I was able to go to Chicago this month...the one place colder than where I live for a Nutrition Conference "ASPEN". I thought I new cold, but -26, was a little more bone chilling than I had expected. Chicago was a beautiful city, and very large...but it sadly didn't end up being my dream vacation/rejuvenation session that I was hoping for. I think my expectations all around were just too high. I went with my friend Jasmine Jew from Cali, and we were able to sight-see 1 day, but sadly found out that everything opened at 10 and closed at 7, which was when the conference was in full force. We did see an amazing Aquarium that I wish I could have shown my kids, it took you around the world showing you the fish and sea/ocean/river life from each area. We also went to the Field Museum which was quite overwhelming, but very neat as well. We did manage to eat some Chicago Deep Dish pizza which was really good. We tried to find a famous hot dog stand, but sadly I think it was too cold for them as well. We enjoyed the shopping on Michigan Avenue and the yummy popcorn store, Garretts. My conference was informative, and got better as it went, so I'm excited to use some new information at work. It was hard to be away from my kids for that long, at least they were happy to see me when I got home. :)

No comments: